Workshop: Develop Your Personal Brand as a Leader05/22/2015 01:14PM
Developing your personal brand as a leader is essential for the advancement and development of your career and that of others. Unfortunately, personal branding has become a “commoditized” term that has lost its meaning as leaders and employees alike have irresponsibly used social media platforms such as LinkedIn to build their professional network and increase their relevancy. They believe LinkedIn and other social media channels can immediately increase their market value for their personal brands rather than recognizing that the process of developing their personal brands is a much bigger responsibility; it’s a never-ending journey that extends well beyond social media and self-promotion.
Personal branding is about making a full-time commitment to the journey of defining yourself as a leader and how this will shape the manner in which you will serve others by consistently elevating your skill sets, capabilities, and industry know-how. Your personal brand should represent the value you are able to consistently deliver to those whom you are serving – whether employees, clients, industry, board members, community, etc. This doesn’t mean self-promotion – that you should be creating awareness for your personal brand by showcasing your achievements and success stories. Managing your personal brand as a leader requires you to be a great role model, mentor, and “a platform” that others can depend upon.
Developing your personal brand encompasses the 21st century leadership characteristics that serve as a roadmap for success and ultimate significance. This roadmap becomes a tool that allows you to measure your ability to manage your personal brand and course correct along the way. To naturally thrive as a leader, you must become more aware of the following six characteristics in order for your personal brand to awaken to its full potential.
Characteristics of the 21st Century Leader:
- See Opportunity in Everything
- Unleash Your Passionate Pursuits
- Anticipate the Unexpected
- Live With an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Work With a Generous Purpose
- Lead to Leave a Legacy
These characteristics serve as a lens through which to discover and develop your personal brand identity as a leader in support of your Personal Branding Framework:
- Awareness: Create Distinction
- Define: Your Personal Brand
- Live: Communicate Identity & Discover
- Maximize: Align with the Right Resources
- Strengthen: Reinvent Yourself
When you view your leadership personal brand as a trademark, you will continuously mold and shape it. Your personal brand is an asset that you reinvent over time to meet the needs of the changing marketplace, evolving industry dynamics, your organization, and the people you serve.
At CHL Academy, we create a highly interactive learning experience that takes you through a journey of self-discovery and provides you with the tools and resources to ensure you continue to grow and develop well after the workshop. Our ultimate goal is to help you discover your personal brand as a leader and learn how to best use it to increase your leadership engagement, high-performance capabilities, and overall contributions to your organization's mission, goals, and values.
Key Learnings Include:
- Learn how and why personal branding is no longer about self-promotion, but about trusting yourself to be a more effective leader and making your voice and identity more respected
- Seamlessly deliver the most genuine executive presence that represents who you are and what you stand for
- Align your leadership role and responsibilities to more authentically create greater impact and influence
- Create your personal brand leadership value proposition
- Manage your personal brand by continually refining the answers to four critical questions that serve as the foundation for ultimate workplace success and significance
- Learn the four skills to elevate your career and organization and how your personal brand can create a workplace culture that fosters innovation and initiative
- Experience our “speed branding” exercise where your colleagues and/or other participants define your personal brand through their lens
- Awaken your full potential by becoming your own personal brand manager
To learn more about our Training Services, click here to contact us.